Friday, February 11, 2011

Accessory Review: Sennheiser Street II’s (CX200)




When I first took a glance at the box, the Sennheiser Street II (CX200) earphones really didn’t look like anything special. The box had no appeal, and I thought that the box would just “come paired with the earphones”. This is not even close to the case, because from my findings, these earphones are among the best $20† one will ever spend. 


Specifications:
Cable length: 3.9 ft. (1.2 m)
Frequency response (headphones): 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz
Impedance: 16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL: 110 dB (1kHz/1Vrms)
Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 0.2 %
Transducer principle: Dynamic
Weight: Approx. 0.18 oz. (5 g)

Although these earphones, at a first glace, appear generic, when one sees the thumb grips on the buds, it changes the image of the look and style of these earphones. These earphones, I feel, were designed with a curvy style in mind. Since there isn’t much in terms of appearance to these as they have more of a simplistic feel, the physical ear buds would be the most interesting aspect of the earphones. If these came in other colors, that would be sweet, but sadly it’s stuck to gray and black. Not too big of a problem though!
Overall score: ★★★½

14 comments:

  1. Sennheiser makes damned good earphones. I have a cx500 and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got myself a pair of cheap Seinheiser heaphones for my Ipod, cost me around £12.99 on amazon. I love them - excellent sound quality and very durable. Keep these posts coming. Thanks, Giulzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sennheisser makes great products even on the low end. There high end stuff is incredible though, fuck beats by dre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find a decent pair of earphones, though. Earbuds seem to be really expensive because they are so prone to breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seem nice, aren't in-ear headphones bad for your ears?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wonder if these are better than lets say.. monster in ear audio headphones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review, wonder if you could say what you think of Beats? Pricey, but the sound quality is as good as I've ever heard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got some CX150s, similar but slightly lower spec, and they have great sound quality, especially good on the bass for earphones. I'm guessing these are just as good, and an excellent price at $20!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not bad, any idea where to buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you know where to buy them online? preference for a country on the EU

    ReplyDelete